Owatrol Floetrol water based paints flow better, eliminates brush and roller marks, increases hiding power and reduces the number of coats on widely contrasting and weak colours such as reds, yellows etc. Eliminates Roller Marks and Brush Marks on deep colours, saves time and work applying additional coats. Great for the latest water based gloss paint etc.
- Use in all water-based paints, eliminates roller marks, brush marks (Great for Acrylic Pour Painting)
- Improves the flow and maintains the wet edge – paint without effort
- Improves the finish – maintains the inherent quality and characteristics of the paint
- Suitable for interior and exterior use and great for special effects
- Additive for waterborne paints, emulsions, acrylics, vinyls
- Improves paint flow and workability.
- Minimises paint streaks and roller marks.
- Increases wet edge open time and eases application.
- Ideal for decorative painting, rag rolling, sponging etc.
- Avoids brush marks and roller marks
Floetrol is an additive specially formulated for use with water-based paints and wood stains, making them work and apply smoothly like oil-based paints. Added to any water-based paint, Floetrol increases the open or wet edge time, improves workability and eliminates brush marks and roller marks.
- Prepare surface as per instructions on the paint can.
- Apply the paint in the normal manner
- If paint sets up too fast, drags, or does not level properly, add Floetrol until the paint works smoothly and easily.
- Brush or roller: add between 10-20% per litre of paint
- HVLP Cup Gun Spray: Add 5-10% per litre of paint to achieve the desired consistency and flow. If the paint seems to thicken, add a tablespoon of water per litre of paint to thin.
- Airless spray: add 10% per litre of paint.
- Special effects: add 20-25 % per litre of paint. Decorative Painting – ditto or higher ratio.
- Do not add Floetrol to oil or alkyd based paints, including glycerophtalic paints.
- Do not use in clear acrylic varnish.
- Always test for compatibility ensure Floetrol is well mixed in.
Application tools : Brush, roller, airless spray
Temperature application : +5°C to +35°C
Clean-up : Water + cloth