AlgoClear Moss & Lichen Cleaner 5L
AlgoClear is a ready to use, professional moss cleaner which can be used either as a preventative measure or as a curative treatment for surfaces that are already suffering from moss or lichen. It is effective for use on a wide range of surfaces including stone, brick, slate, tile, shingles, concrete, fiber cement, plaster, plastic and more.
It is perfect for the destruction of mosses, lichen, algae (red, etc.), bacteria and more and is also great for dealing with the results of air pollution and microcarbon residues. AlgoClear has a long-lasting effect that persists long after the treatment is made and is easy to use.
For problems with mould, we recommend using Mould Action.
Ideal uses for Algo Clear Moss Cleaner
- Destroying moss growing in damp guttering
- Removing lichen from concrete and other stonework
- Preventing algae from growing on patios and paths
- Dealing with moss growing on roof tiles
Brush or scrape as much dirt as possible from the surface where it is accessible.
Applying Owatrol’s ATM 007 Moss Cleaner
- Curative Treatment - 1 Part of AlgoClear to 10 parts Water
- Generously apply diluted AlgoClear at a rate of 1 Litre per 4 to 5 m2 ensuring that you saturate the moss and thick lichen spots.
- Preventative Treatment - 1 Part AlgoClear to 6 parts Water
- Generously apply diluted AlgoClear all over the surface to be treated at a rate of 1 Liter per 4to 5 m2
You can then choose how to proceed:
- Rinse after 48 hours with a pressure washer (max 50 bar and minimum 50cm above the surface to avoid any damage)
- Do not rinse. Let the weather take care of the residue gradually – the effect should be visible within 10-15 days.
Things to Remember
- Always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations
- Wear the correct protective equipment (glasses, suit, rubber gloves, mask)
- After diluting the concentration with water (follow the instructions precisely) stir gently, do not shake
- Do not apply on glass surfaces or on thatched roofs
- Never rinse the surface directly after applying the product
- With very hot weather, humidify the surface to be treated in order to cool it down, let it dry before applying AlgoClear
- Be cautious when using Biocide – read the label recommendations carefully before using the product
- Avoid spraying near plants or flowers
- Store for up to 2 years in original unopened packaging – frost-sensitive
- Do not dispose of this product in sewers or rivers
- Do not reuse the container